Thursday, March 8, 2012

International Women's Day (IWD),

Originally called International Working Women’s Day.  I was awaken today by a phone call from a store eager to re-order some of my goods. Not a bad start to working women's day. As my mother says 'I am woman hear me roar!'
IMG_2532

I grew up in the 90's in Canada so I've always known that I would go to school (for whatever I wanted) and eventually work for a living. Today for me is to remember the brave women who came before and made this path easier for us. I am very lucky to design clothing and accessories for women everyday but we must acknowledge that there are many countries where women are still treated like second class citizens and their struggle for equality is far from over.


necklace1smaller
Today CBC RADIO 3 is playing all Canadian female artists. Check out the live stream.

No comments:

Search This Blog